Intermediate Designer - Wellington
Catalyst is a specialist commercial architecture, design and project management company and has earned a highly-respected reputation throughout New Zealand for delivering high quality results on time and within budget.
Purpose of Position
- Design Solutions – To design end-to-end interior fit-out solutions and support the delivery of quality interior spaces that meet clients’ requirements and comply with relevant regulations within the agreed budget and timeframes.
- Health and Safety – Meet obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 including supporting more active participation in health and safety systems.
Key accountabilities and Performance merits:
- Contribute toward the design of workspaces, ensuring they meet client specifications
- Prepare working drawings within agreed timeframes, ensuring they are accurate and can be easily interpreted by Builders
- Provide clients with leading edge architectural solutions that are appropriate for the clients’ requirements
- Provide quality assurance over the construction of architecture projects, promptly resolving any issues to ensure structural integrity and compliance with relevant building codes and standards
- Ensure documentation is produced which meets the clients timeframes to ensure there are no delays to the project
- Advice is provided to the Project and Construction Management team as required to facilitate a timely and quality construction of interior fit-out
- Project Control Group meetings (with the client and Project Manager) are attended to provide advice on the design integrity, raising and resolving any design issues as appropriate
- Meet health and safety obligations for the business, ensuring personal safety in differing work environments for all employees
- Provide active input to all Health and Safety meetings, processes and practices
- Undertake all work in a safe manner and follow all company and workplace Health and Safety procedures and policies
- Follow procedures in relation to the correct operation of equipment and the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Any other reasonable task as requested by your manager
If you have the above skills and want to work with this dynamic successful interior design and project management company please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Attn: Tessa Leonard